Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten (8.13.10)


We sent our big girl off to kindergarten! Her first day falling on Friday the 13th, on a day with a heat index of 113, that was also her Pop-Pop's birthday, all seemed to combine to be good omens. Michaela was brave and excited and READY! Kindergarten is full-day, from 8 am to 3 pm, with a little afternoon nap to help get through the day. She reported that her first day was lots of fun. Ms. Sellers, her teacher, took them on a "Jesus Treasure Hunt" looking for pictures and images of Jesus all around the school. I'm glad to say they found Him everywhere He was supposed to be!

Alex was proud to show his sister the ropes. He says that I won't need to walk Michaela into school tomorrow-- he wants to guide her to her classroom himself. He is equally excited to start 2nd grade with Mrs. Lindsey, who is totally cool! We are looking forward to a good year for our scholars.

5 comments:

  1. I DID IT!!! I love the pictures. Both Alex and Michaela look like such big kids in their school clothes. Thanks for the update.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe that Michaela is already in Kindergarten. It looks like she is more than ready. The Clancy girls don't start till Sept. 7th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Michaela, Go! How fun and exciting! She sure is a beautiful little girl! It's hard to believe she is in Kindergarten. Alex looks very tall and is as handsome as ever. Looks like they will have a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a big girl! And Alex is such a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that the start of your school year has gone so well! I'm glad Michaela likes her long day at school. And, Alex is such a great big brother! No worries, Momma Kris!

    ReplyDelete