Thursday, January 20, 2011

Party on Wheels




For Alex's 8th birthday, and for Michaela's 6th birthday, we had a roller skating party! Alex had been planning a skate party for 6 months or more, and Michaela ALSO wanted to have a skate party. Since their birthdays are 3 weeks apart, it was Michaela's idea to host a joint party!

It was fun- lots of parents and kids got out on the rink and showed their stuff. We had almost 30 kids at the party (it was crowded in the little party room!) Hosting a party on wheels does add an interesting element- as Alex noted, "Roller skating parties are funny. They are like regular birthday parties except your friends all of the sudden fall down in the middle of singing 'Happy Birthday'!"

Thanks to all our friends who came and made it a great day! When I tucked Michaela and Sophia into bed that night, [then Sophia wanted her baby doll, not the 4 baby dolls in her bedroom, or the 3 babies in the TV room, but the one I finally found out in my car, brought it upstairs and the girls were almost asleep by then]- that's when Michaela smiled a sleepy smile and told me, “I’m the happiest that I’ve ever been.”






No comments:

Post a Comment