We took a weekend trip with the Cub Scouts to the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center. I've wanted to go here since I was a kid, so I'm grateful to Alex and his troop for finally taking me! While the rest of the scouts made a day trip out of it, we decided it was a bit too long of a roundtrip for Sophia to handle. So we brought the RV and spent 2 nights camping at the campground next to the space center. For future reference: the campground was great! It had all our requirements: Cheap, uncrowded, walking distance to the center, and with a great bike riding loop.
We were awakened early Saturday morning by Space Campers launching their self-made rockets from the launch pad that was 20 feet from our site. It was almost like being at Space Camp ourselves!
Jimmy and I loved the Space Center and the IMAX film about flight. Alex and Michaela were most excited about the rock climbing wall and the rides. But we all found fun things to keep us busy all day Saturday! I can't wait to go back!

No comments:
Post a Comment