Each December I attend the American Society for Health-System Pharmacists conference, a meeting of ~25,000 pharmacists. The meeting starts the same weekend as the St. Jude Marathon so I typically board the flight to the meeting very sore but elated from the race. This year I was honored to win the 2012 Literature Award for a paper that our St. Jude team published, which I accepted for my team at an Awards Breakfast on Wed. The best part of the honor was that Dr. Mary Ensom, my mentor and dear friend who I trained with at the University of Kentucky 17 years ago, was honored at the same ceremony for her 35 years of contributions to the profession.
We each had a chance to give a short acceptance speech and of course to support each other's achievements. Mary, you remain an inspiration to me and it was so great to spend time with you and Robin in Las Vegas! See you next year!
 |
| With Mary at the Awards Ceremony, Mandalay Bay Hotel, Las Vegas. Can you believe we coordinated outfits? |
 |
| Me, Mary, and our good friend Kelly Smith, also from the University of Kentucky |
No comments:
Post a Comment