There are few people in the world who are more enthusiastic about receiving and appreciating gifts than Michaela. This year she went to see the Nutcracker performed live at the Orpheum Theater for the first time. She went on a special date with her Daddy and Grandma Laura. She was SOO appreciative of the whole experience: the dressing up, the theater, the dancers, the set, the music. It was a magical afternoon for her. While at the show, Jimmy bought her a Nutcracker doll of her own. She LOVES this doll! She named him Sparkle and she carries him every where and sleeps with him on her bedside dresser. We had to rig up a padded carrier out of a baby doll bed so that he could ride in the car with us without being crushed by her 8-yr old brother. One night I listened outside her door after tucking Michaela and Sparkle in for the night, and I heard her sneak over to his perch on the dresser and whisper tenderly, "Good night, I love you very much. I'm sorry you can't sleep with me but I'll see you as soon as the sun comes up."
I love to see this girl's imagination captured!
No comments:
Post a Comment